Non-Academic Events/General Events
For non-academic and general events, please use the 25Live online submission system.
Please note that numbered academic courses are scheduled ahead of non-academic and general events. Submissions made are not processed until the academic course scheduling has been completed. If room requested is not available, pending availability, an alternate room will be assigned.
Cole Hall and Byers Auditorium are exceptions which may be reserved up to one year in advance for symposia, seminars and workshops. Call 6-4436 for more information.
For Non-Profit Organizational requests, please review the reservation policy.
All requests are processed on a first-come first-served basis. Please wait for an email confirmation to finalize your request.
Modification or Cancellation of Classroom Reservation
To modify or cancel your classroom reservation, please reply to the confirmation e-mail you will receive when the event is confirmed. If your reservation involves multiple dates, please be clear regarding which dates are to be affected. Note: you may be charged a no-show fee if you fail to cancel a reservation.
Academic Events (Quarterly Courses, Mid-Term Exams, Final Exams, and New Student Orientation)
To reserve a room, please complete the following steps:
Courses are scheduled on quarterly basis per University Administrative and Academic Calendar.
All scheduling is processed and confirmed on an academic quarterly basis. A separate request will need to be submitted for courses that hold sessions in two different quarters (i.e. courses that overlap two quarters). We confirm any event, including academic courses, beyond the deadline dates that apply to each future quarter. Courses that overlap with the following quarter may end up with different room assignments for each quarter.
Classroom Scheduling will return a draft copy of your assignments to you prior to finalization of the assignments. Please do not distribute the draft assignments to the instructors until the assignments are final. The Scheduler will contact you to notify you of finalization of the process.
To reserve a room, please submit a Room Reservation Request Form to Classroom Scheduling located in the Medical Sciences Building, room S 43. You may submit the form by fax at (415) 502-3735 or by campus mail at Box 0702.
Grand Rounds are scheduled on quarterly basis per University Administrative and Academic Calendar. Scheduling of Grand Round will follow the completion of UCSF Quarterly Courses. Classroom Scheduling will try to keep Grand Rounds in the same room location for each quarter, however, depending on the pattern of courses offered, a change of room assignment(s) may be unavoidable.
Links to Reserving Other Rooms on Campus (Please note that these offices may have special policies/requirements regarding the use of their rooms/spaces.)
- Computer Labs
- Special Use Area Guidelines
- Center for Health and Community Laurel Heights Conference Rooms
- Professional Development Center Rooms
- Mission Bay Conference Rooms (Genentech Hall Calendar)
- Mission Bay - Genentech Hall Atrium 1st Level
- Mission Bay - Genentech Hall Atrium 2nd Level
- Mission Bay Conference Rooms (Rock Hall Calendar)
- Mission Bay - Helen Diller McEvoy Family Lobby (1st Floor)
- Mission Bay - Koret Quad East (steps)
- Mission Bay - Koret Quad North (composite granite area)
- Mission Bay - Koret Quad South (composite granite area)
- Mission Bay - Koret Quad Walkway (north to south)
- Mission Bay - Koret Quad West (bowl)
- Mission Bay - QB3 Scheduling
- Mission Bay - Mission Hall Lobby
- Mission Bay - The Plaza (between 3rd and 4th Street)
- Parnassus - Millberry Union Conference Services (Golden Gate/City Lights Rooms)
- Parnassus - Faculty Alumni House
- Parnassus - Library
- Parnassus - Medical Sciences Lobby
- Parnassus - Millberry Union Conference Services
- Parnassus - Nursing Mezzanine Lounge
- Parnassus - Saunders Courtyard
Room Rental Policy
"Non-academic events or non-UCSF related entities may occasionally use selected rooms for mini-conferences, seminars or symposia for a fee. Granting approval for such events is highly unusual due to the scarcity of general use rooms for ongoing UCSF classes and events and is generally done outside of normal classroom hours and on weekends. Events of this type are subject to the conditions and fee structure outlined in the Room Rental Policy attached."
Effective July 1, 2014, Educational Technology Services will phase in a fee assessment for requesters who — without canceling their reservation in advance (minimum 48-hours notice) — reserve classroom space, request technician assistance for an event, or schedule lecture captures and then do not use the room during the scheduled time. A schedule of fees is listed below.
|Room reservation no-show (without technician)||$78 (1-2 hrs)||$156 (2-4 hrs)||$302 (4-8 hrs)|
|Room reservation no-show (with technician)||$156* (1-2 hrs)||$234 (2-4 hrs)||$380 (4-8 hrs)|
|Empty lecture capture recording||$78 (1-2 hrs)||$156 (2-4 hrs)||$302 (4-8 hrs)|